[SciPy-User] [ANN] scikit.statsmodels 0.2.0 release

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Sat Feb 20 15:25:54 EST 2010

On 20-Feb-10, at 4:20 AM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 04:19:52PM -0500, David Warde-Farley wrote:
>> By GMM do you mean Gaussian mixture? I have some fairly well-tested
>> code for that if you're interested (with a bunch of features like
>> selective component updates, various sorts of pseudocount strategies,
>> etc.
>
> David,
>
> We (scikit.learn) are interested in your code. I haven't come
> forward yet
> and called for contribution, because we need to reorganise a bit the
> layout of the project, and define uniform APIs, as the discussion
> showed,
> but in a month, I believe that we'll be in business.

Hi Gael,

Cool, although I think David's old code in PyEM may take precedence
(if there are users in the wild who depend on the old API). The other
thing I have is some discrete naive Bayes code that operates on
integer, string or object arrays (2D arrays, though making it operate
on record arrays as well wouldn't be too hard).

David