[SciPy-User] scikits.sparse

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Sun Feb 21 14:26:34 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Nils Wagner
<nwagner at iam.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> scikits/sparse/cholmod.c:158:31: error:
> numpy/arrayobject.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> scikits/sparse/cholmod.c:159:31: error:
> numpy/ufuncobject.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

Oops, this is indeed a scikits.sparse bug. Thanks for the reminder,
actually -- it came up before, but I forgot to commit the fix for the
next release...

Anyway, the solution is to edit setup.py:
1) near the top, add the line:
  from numpy.distutils.misc_util import get_numpy_include_dirs

2) near the bottom, where it says:
              Extension("scikits.sparse.cholmod",
                        ["scikits/sparse/cholmod.pyx"],
                        libraries=["cholmod"],
                        ),
add an include_dirs line, like:
              Extension("scikits.sparse.cholmod",
                        ["scikits/sparse/cholmod.pyx"],
                        libraries=["cholmod"],
                        include_dirs=get_numpy_include_dirs(),
                        ),

This will be in the next release, of course.

-- Nathaniel