[SciPy-User] TimeSeries and Milliseconds for aircraft data

Anne Archibald peridot.faceted at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:40:51 EST 2010

Hi,

For the kind of thing you're doing, is there any need for the
timeseries machinery? I'd just represent all my times in terms of
seconds since observation start, at which point you can just use the
ordinary numpy/masked array machinery.

In particular, the decision not to support milliseconds was made on
the explicit assumption that more complicated timing tasks - up to and
including pulsar timing, which deals with nanosecond measurements
spanning decades - would simply use numpy directly, rather than try to
make TimeSeries support everything anyone might ever want from it.

Anne