[SciPy-User] Signal to noise ratio

Ivo Maljevic ivo.maljevic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 10:47:00 EST 2010

Josef,
Just to add, while one can define the "statistical SNR" as something else
(that is, ratio E[s]/sigma_noise), what would be its used for? Astronomical
optics?

On the other hand, it doesn't really matter how it is defined in
scipy.stats. Calculation of SNR is usually a bit more involved (you need to
find the actual signal mean, and the noise variance), and I guess whoever
needs to calculate the power based SNR will not call that function by
mistake.

Ivo