[SciPy-User] TimeSeries and Milliseconds for aircraft data

Gökhan Sever gokhansever at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 12:10:57 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Ariel Rokem <arokem at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Gokhan is referring to this:
>
> http://nipy.sourceforge.net/nitime/
>
> For an exposition, see our Scipy conference proceedings paper (a pdf of
> which can be found here:
> http://argentum.ucbso.berkeley.edu/papers/Rokem2009Nitime.pdf).
>
> We are still working on it. The intention of the library is to support
> analysis of data from neuroscience experiments, because we are
> neuroscientists, but so far, I don't think that we have made any design
> decisions that would preclude other scientists from using our time-series
> objects. In fact, the time-series objects we have designed support temporal
> resolutions as fast as picoseconds (the representation of time is done in
> int64, in order to avoid float-precision issues). It is still under
> development and we have yet to make a release of this, but the code (in
> development) is already available on github and the tests therein can direct
> you on the possible usage:
>
> http://github.com/fperez/nitime
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ariel

Hi Ariel,

What kind of interface do you use to measure pico-second resolutions? Are
you talking measurements from only one instrument at a time?

In our work even at 1 Hz levels we encounter issues like time-syncing
different measurements since we interface many different instruments with
one main data acquisition unit. This is mainly due to one instrument sits
under the far edge of a wing the other one is inside the cabin sampling air
from outside. It is usually a good idea to sample fastest the system and
probes permits, in the end they would be easily averaged to a lower
acceptable resolution range.

Your job should be very hard indeed if you are dealing with a couple
different instruments at that high measurement rates.

--
Gökhan