[SciPy-User] Vector comparison

eric at depagne.org eric at depagne.org
Wed Feb 24 18:44:26 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have two sets of vectors, one made of 3-dim vectors and the other one of 4-
dims vectors.

I want to find for each of my 3D vectors (let's call them the input vector),
which one, among my 4D vectors (let's call them my models), has the 3 first
coordinates that are the closest of my input vector, so that i can assign to
my input vector the 4th dimension taken from the models.

I am currently maximizing the cosine of two vectors, but I was wondering if
scipy had some more clever routines, that could for instance take into account
measurement errors for my vectors.

Thanks a lot.

Éric.

--