[SciPy-User] Is the scipy docs "Front" page up-to-date?

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 18:38:00 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:30 PM, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:07 PM,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I think this is where the new version of the scipy.org website is
>> > created, and I guess it's only partially finished and connected.
>> >
>> > Josef
>>
>> I meant to post this on the Dev list.
>>
>> And just to be clear.
>> form this page
>> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/
>> clicking on
>> "Write, review and proof the documentation" http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/
>> and then at the top right link
>> "scipy.org editor" http://docs.scipy.org/scipyorg/  which forwards to
>> http://docs.scipy.org/scipyorg/Front%20Page/
>> Which is not
>> http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/Front%20Page/
>
> Correct, from http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/ you want the link just to the
> left of "scipy.org editor," namely Scipy documentation editor - very
> confusing - can someone suggest a solution?

I think the description in
http://docs.scipy.org/scipyorg/Front%20Page/ is relatively clear

"scipy.org editor
This is an editor for a tentative new version of the scipy.org site,
which currently runs on Moinmoin. We are experimenting on moving the
most important parts to Sphinx."

maybe point to the other two editors in the Warning, or tell
contributors that there are 3 editors now.

Josef