[SciPy-User] Shared memory using multiprocessing.sharedctypes

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sat Mar 13 12:54:04 EST 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 08:45:08AM -0800, Christopher Lee-Messer wrote:
> http://bitbucket.org/cleemesser/numpy-sharedmem/

> I don't know if Sturla, Gael Varoquaux, or Robert Kern are continuing
> to work on these, but I plan to add testing and save results on
> different platforms as my app gets used in different computers in the
> lab.

I am not. I have been wanting to propose this for integration in numpy
for a long while, but I really haven't found the time, and I will not any
time soon.

Before any patch can be written to push in numpy, it does need tests
and packaging, so what you are proposing to do is really great and very
helpful. Also, using it on many platform would help ironing out details.

Thanks for stepping up,

Gaël