[SciPy-User] FreeImage <-> numpy IO wrappers

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus at yale.edu
Wed May 12 17:16:11 EDT 2010

Hi all,

> I'm definitely interested, having had several nightmarish attempts at
> making PIL play nice with my 16-bit TIFF data. I don't have a ton of
> spare time myself right now, but I'd like to give it a shot.

Wrappers attached. Currently, they try to load "FreeImage.[dll|dylib|
so]" (depending on the platform) from the same directory as the
module. This is of course easy to change.

The rest is basically straightforward and at least partially
documented. Let me know how it works out.

Note that right now there's no support for palettized images, though
that could be added too. And as for license, assume this code, such as
it is, is BSD.

Zach