[SciPy-User] kriging module

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sat Nov 20 17:44:40 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 11:40:03PM +0100, Christoph Deil wrote:
> > Hopefully this would open the door to having Gaussian process (or
> > Kriging) available to the community in a standard package.

> I don't know anything about Gaussian processes, but I had seen them in
> PyMC and thought I'd mention it.

Sorry, I should have said 'Gaussian process regression', which is the
full name, and is an equivalent to Kriging. Gaussian processes in
themself are a very large class of probabilistic models.
AFAICT, PyMC does not have any Gaussian process regression, and it does
seem a bit outside its scope.

Names, jargon, ... all this can be terribly confusing.

Thanks for your input,

Gael