[SciPy-User] [Numpy-discussion] Weibull analysis ?

Skipper Seabold jsseabold at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 19:29:41 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:11 PM, David Trémouilles
<david.trem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   After careful Google searches, I was not successful in finding any
> project dealing with Weibull analysis with neither python nor
> numpy or scipy.
> So before reinventing the wheel, I ask here whether any of you
> have already started such a project and is eager to share.

Not sure what you need, but I have some stub code in
scikits.statsmodels to fit a linear regression model with a Weibull
distribution.  It wouldn't be too much work to cleanup if this is what
you're after.

If you just want to fit a parametric likelihood to some univariate
data you should be able to do this with scipy.stats.  Josef or James
will know better the current state of this code but let us know if you
any problems

http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy-docs/tutorial/stats/continuous.rst/
http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy-docs/tutorial/stats.rst/#stats

Skipper