[SciPy-User] Bottleneck

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 30 17:30:02 EST 2010

On 11/30/10 1:57 PM, Keith Goodman wrote:
> Oh, wait. I unit test bn.nanstd etc against scipy.stats.nanstd etc. I
> could pull those scipy functions into the project but I'd like to make
> sure that Bottleneck gives the same result as whatever version of
> scipy the user has installed so that they can be confident that
> bn.nanstd is a drop-in replacement for scipy.stats.nanstd.

Fair enough -- but then scipy could be a dependency of only the tests
(which it may well be now).

I'll try to test on PPC soon.

>> WOW! a LOT of these warnings:
>>
>> Warning: invalid value encountered in divide
>> (and similar)
>
> Yeah, I started getting those too when I upgraded to numpy 1.5.1. Any ideas?

I think there was a post about it recently on the numpy list, but I
can't find it now. I suspect something has changed with the default
warnings settings.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov