[SciPy-User] Q: Provide .H for numpy arrays?

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 10:30:15 EDT 2010

> In any case, I think that you need to raise this issue on the list for discussion.

Raise!

Now here's what for discussion:

I noticed that one difference between numpy arrays and matrices is
that ".H" (transpose + conjugation) is only implemented for matrices.
".T", however, being structurally completely equivalent, is
implemented for both.
While an actual use case for ".H" would be mass dot-products for
multivectors. Right now, I guess what most people go with is
".T.conjugate()" where it's needed.

Something that may play a role here is the fact that .vdot() does --
as opposed to .dot() -- not allow for dot-products with multivectors.

Opinions?

Cheers,
Nico