[SciPy-User] Raster Distance calculation of an numpy array?

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Fri Jan 7 06:43:11 EST 2011

Hej,

I am also looking for a cost distance algorithm I can use with python:

I have a numpy array (extracted from arcgis) which represents a rastarized
river (river=1, else=nodatavalue) and I have a point shape file which is the startpoint. I want now to calcutlate how far each rastercell (rivercell) is away (flow-distance) from the given point. It is possible to calculate with the ArcGIS-CostDistance tool, but is there also a native python/numpy/scipy way?

thanks
/j