[SciPy-User] installing/compiling scipy module on windows, mingw

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Tue Jan 11 06:56:58 EST 2011

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 12:17:48 +0100
> Von: Jean-Luc Menut <jeanluc.menut at free.fr>
> An: SciPy Users List <scipy-user at scipy.org>
> Betreff: Re: [SciPy-User] installing/compiling scipy module on windows, mingw

> > Could not load nose.  Unit tests not available.
>

> You should maybe install nose, it'll test your scikit at the end of the
> installation.

I'm trying to install nose...will let you know what it'll test

> > 'cython' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> > operable program or batch file.
>
> it seems that you don't have cython installed or in the path. Type
> "cython" in cmd to test.

I installed cython... with the precompiled binaries for windows and python 2.6... I can then find cython in my python directory and added the containing folder of cython (C:\Program Files (x86)\python26\ArcGIS10.0\Lib\site-packages;) to PATH? is that correct so far?