[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] sparse matrices - scipy

villamil villamil at brandeis.edu
Tue Jun 7 15:20:53 EDT 2011

I just recently started using python a couple of weeks ago, and I have an
application with sparse matrices, so I found I need the Scipy package for
this.
So I have a sparse matrix S, and I want to do operations on its rows and
columns:
-find the count of the nonzero entries in each row  S[i,:]
-add all the entries in each column  S[:,j]

Is there a way to do this, or do I need to access all the elements?,
Is there one particular format csc, csr, lil, coo, dok for which this is
easier?

Thank you