[SciPy-User] [OT] Bayesian vs. frequentist

william ratcliff william.ratcliff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 11:11:37 EST 2012

I'm another physicist and find Silva's book to be good.   One of the things
that I've used is maximum entropy in trying to reconstruct magnetization
densities from neutron scattering data, rather than Fourier transforms (sad
problems with termination effects...).  I'd also like to use it more in
model selection--for example, say you have a data set that you can fit to 4
gaussians, or 2--even if you get a "better" (lower chi^2), is it
significant?   BIQ can be useful...

William