[SciPy-User] Contributing to SciPy was Re: Least-squares fittings with bounds: why is scipy not up to the task?

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Wed Mar 14 13:35:56 EDT 2012

14.03.2012 17:51, josef.pktd at gmail.com kirjoitti:
[clip]
> I think, if a commenting system, download statistic and tagging or
> searching works, then there will be very little "moderation" required.
> (I don't think mathworks does on the file exchange, except maybe spam,
> clear copyright violation, ..)

In addition to commenting system, there could be a "I found this piece
useful in real life" button for giving explicit endorsements. I'm not
sure if there's a need for a "This is crap" button.

For comments, one could add options for marking comments helpful or not,
and an option for showing only "helpful" ones. Of course, it's probably
not going to be Slashdot, so comments probably will work even without a
relevance system in place.

This leaves spam, but the email activation system that's currently in
place is probably enough. One just needs suitable admin tools.
Flag-as-spam feature could also be added.

To make the download counts count something, one also needs to tell
robots not to follow those links (some sites apparently don't do this).

--
Pauli Virtanen