[SciPy-User] Select rows according to cell value

Oleksandr Huziy guziy.sasha at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:38:45 EST 2012

I am not sure if this way is easier thsn yours, but here is what I wpuld do

tol = 0.01
all_alts = data[:,0]
print all_alts
all_alts_temp = np.vstack([all_alts]*len(altitudes))
print all_alts_temp

sel_alts_temp = np.vstack([altitudes]*len(all_alts)).transpose()
print sel_alts_temp
sel_pattern = np.any( np.abs(all_alts_temp - sel_alts_temp) < tol, axis = 0)
print sel_pattern
print data
print data[sel_pattern,:]

Cheers