[SciPy-User] Fwd: scipy.test() fails for 0.11.0 on OS X 10.8.2

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 15:51:06 EST 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Will <terribleangel at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The "DeprecationWarning: non-integer scalar index" errors are due
> > to a very recent change in numpy master for which scipy still has to
> > be updated. They're not a problem, the code being tested will only stop
> > working with numpy 1.9.
> >
> > For the failures there's no good solution on OS X 10.8 except for
> > not building against the Accelerate Framework but against Netlib
> > BLAS/LAPACK instead. A description of how to do that can be
> > found at the bottom of http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1737.
> >
> > Ralf
>
> I am not sure that I am familiar enough with compiling
> source code to follow all of the flags set in the
> method described in ticket 1737.  How serious are
> these failures?  If I am just doing simple calculations,
> am I likely to encounter problems if I use the version
> of scipy on OS X 10.8.2 compiled against the
> Accelerate Framework?

Not all that likely. Almost all failures are in ARPACK (sparse linear
algebra), so if you don't use that you're OK most likely.

Another option is to use a binary installer, either a scipy one from
sourceforge, or something like EPD which installs the whole stack. Both
should work fine.

> PS Sorry if this ends up getting double posted.  I tried to send it
> without being a member of the list at first, so I think it got
> rejected.

No worries.

Ralf