[SciPy-User] ANN: Sense, a new cloud platform for data analysis

Anand Patil anand.prabhakar.patil at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 18:36:06 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

As a longtime fan of the SciPy/NumPy ecosystem, I'm happy to announce
Sense, a new cloud platform for data analysis that has the Python data
stack built in.

For Python programmers, the core Sense experience is a browser-based
console-and-editor environment with some nifty extra features. You can use
IPython's rich display system right in the console, provision and dismiss
worker machines to distribute computation, share code with colleagues
without requiring them to install anything, and much more. Sense is a
serious Python environment where you can install packages and run code on
powerful machines.

Our long-term goal is to make Sense the best possible cloud teammate to
Python and the rest of the world's awesome open-source data tools. If
you're interested in learning more, please watch our demo at
https://senseplatform.com and sign up for the beta. Feedback, questions,
comments etc. are very welcome.

Anand Patil
Tristan Zajonc