[SciPy-User] Graphics of Scipy-Stack Core Packages and dependencies

Sebastian sebix at sebix.at
Sat Oct 18 16:35:03 EDT 2014

I just created a diagram myself: https://sebix.at/tmp/scipystack.png (or
.svg and .dia)
It shows the most important dependencies of the most used packages. I
left out some deps, like six, dateutil and so on, and some are optional
but highly recommended.

I want to especially ask you if dependencies on the bottom (the
low-level codes) are correct? I found out that BLAS is only a function
definition, LAPACK implements it in Fortran for all platforms (as
opposed to MKL and ACML) and it is used through ATLAS (which provides
the APIs) through f2py.
And ARPACK is used via f2py in SciPy.
It just came to my mind that MINPACK is missing (also used via f2py?)
Are there any other important dependencies missing? Or any other
important packages on the python-side?

I think of creating two diagrams: one with more packages and one with
only the most important, useful for slides or a quick presentation.

best,