[SciPy-User] Thinking in HDF5

Maximilian Albert maximilian.albert at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 19:48:35 EDT 2015

I agree with previous answers, h5py and pytables are good choices.

If you have the option of working a bit higher-level then definitely check
out 'odo' as well (which is part of the blaze ecosystem):

http://blaze.pydata.org/en/latest/csv.html#migrate-to-binary-storage-formats
   http://odo.readthedocs.org/en/latest/uri.html
   http://odo.readthedocs.org/en/latest/hdf5.html

I haven't used it in conjunction with HDF5 files yet, but used it to
convert CSV files to SQLite databases, and was totally blown away by how
easy it makes the conversion.

Cheers,
Max