[SciPy-User] Is it good practice to use IPython notebooks as your Python IDE?

Alistair Miles alimanfoo at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 20 08:19:04 EDT 2015

FWIW I use PyCharm for any heavy coding (refactoring support is
particularly useful) but IPython notebooks for informal testing and
exploration, in particular the %autoreload magic is very helpful as you can
have any changes you make to functions/classes you are working on in
PyCharm be immediately effective in the notebook without having to restart
or reload modules manually.

Hth,
Alistair

--