[SciPy-User] Why does scipy.integrate.odeint still provide a result even after "repeated convergence failures"?

Brian Merchant bhmerchant at gmail.com
Tue May 12 01:06:14 EDT 2015

Hi Warren,

I am using scipy '0.15.1' (as per scipy.__version__).

I don't have a short example handy, so I'd have to "make one" out of my
current use case. That might be tricky to do since I am not sure exactly
where the issue is yet. One idea I have is to cut out all the ODE variables
except one (so, make it from an N-dimensional system to a 1-dimensional
system), and then slowly reintroduce the variables until the problem comes
up?

Brian