[SciPy-User] Understanding parameters of scipy.special Mathieu_cem function etc.

Austin Tobin austin.tobin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 12:51:44 EDT 2017

Mark,
Corrected link  wikipedia Mathieu_function
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathieu_function>
Unfortunately I do not know exactly what I am looking for.
I am trying to achieve something like what was done in this paper
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/S_Taylor3/publication/3358134_Simulation_of_ion_trajectories_through_the_mass_filter_of_a_quadrupole_mass_spectrometer/links/00b4953bc5f0e9dfaf000000/Simulation-of-ion-trajectories-through-the-mass-filter-of-a-quadrupole-mass-spectrometer.pdf>.
At least starting with getting the trajectories.

Warren,
I have found that "a" is the characteristic number and "q" is the
characteristic parameter.

While it makes perfect sense that the function is periodic over a certain
range of values.
I will have to go further to apply this function to my problem, maybe I
just don't have the mathematics to make the connections.

Regards,
Austin Tobin