[Security-sig] Python Vulnerabilities: Vulnerable Python versions added

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 08:32:57 EDT 2017

Hi,

I just added the list of vulnerable Python versions to my report:
http://python-security.readthedocs.io/vulnerabilities.html

So I checked the status of backports, and I identified one last
vulnerability not fixed in Python 3.4 yet: HTTP directory traversal on
Windows. I proposed a cherry-pick:
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/782

Python 3.2 and 3.3 lack a lot of fixes, but the last release was in
2014. Fixes were backported in the meanwhile, but no new security
version was released since that time.

gettext:
    FIXME 3.2
    3.3 fixed: no release yet
Sweet32
    3.4 fixed: no release yet
HTTPoxy attack: 3.2 and 3.3
    FIXME 3.2
    3.3 fixed: no release yet
smtplib TLS striping
    FIXME 3.2
    3.3 fixed: no release yet
HTTP directory traversal
    FIXME 3.2
    FIXME 3.3
    FIXME 3.4
    => https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/782
Expat 2.1.1
    FIXME 3.2
    FIXME 3.3
zipimporter overflow
    FIXME 3.2
    3.3 fixed, no release yet
HTTP Header injection
    FIXME 3.2
    FIXME 3.3
Validate TLS certificate
    3.2 and 3.3 vulnerable: no plan to backport the feature
SSL: NULL byte
    3.3 fixed: no release yet
match_hostname IDNA
    FIXME 3.2