[Shtoom] recent shtoom activity

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed May 5 18:12:09 CEST 2004

Just because I don't expect everyone to follow the current SVN
with bated breath, here's some notable changes in shtoom since
the last release:

  - DTMF sending is hooked up and working
  - A first version of doug is checked in and working.
    sip:testcall at divmod.com now runs a doug voiceapp.
  - The internal changes needed to allow the phone to
    have multiple calls are done. Now it's just a matter
    of implementing the user interface for this on the 6
    different user interfaces.
  - A mute button has been added to tk, and will be in the
    other UIs soon.
  - A wxWidgets UI is checked in (thanks to Andy Hird). For 0.3,
    the windows installer will probably use this instead of the
    tk UI, as it gives me native look and feel on Windows.
  - Lots of bug squishing.

I'm sure there's more, but this is some of the highlights.

As to 'when will there be a 0.3 release?' -- well, the main thing
I'm not sure on is the native OS X UI and audio support - most of
it's done, but I'm not able to work on it directly. I'm planning on
picking up a second hand G3 or something off ebay in a few weeks,
so I'll see how I go after that.