[Shtoom] multiple calls

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Sat Dec 3 00:33:03 CET 2005

On Saturday 03 December 2005 10:15, Aaron Zinman wrote:
> Can I use Doug to create an application that can handle separate
> calls simultaneously?  How far up do you think I could scale?  I'm
> using a statemachine/reactor design to handle each session.  Should
> I move to being threaded?

Certainly - that's part of the point of doug. As far as numbers of
calls, that's going to depend on the application, and the system it's
running on. If you have to use inline DTMF detection, that will be a
big hit (but you probably shouldn't need this).

I know I've done standard tests of the conferencing application with
20 participants, and it's handled that fine. The conference mixing is
pretty CPU-intensive, so a simpler application should be able to
scale much higher than that.

Moving to a threaded solution is unlikely to make anything any better.

Anthony