[Shtoom] CocoaShtoom snapshots now available

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Jan 12 17:31:42 CET 2005

Thanks to the heroic efforts of a cast of thousands [1]
there's now a CocoaShtoom application available. It's very
much a snapshot/work-in-progress thing, but it seems to
work for me. If you want to try it out and let me know if
it works/doesn't work for you, that'd be great!

They're available from
http://www.interlink.com.au/anthony/tech/shtoom/

This really is a first cut - it's quite possible that while it works
for me, it will utterly fail for you in very bad ways. Nonetheless,
if you want to try it out, that'd be great!

It's built with GSM and ulaw audio - I'll look at getting the Speex
stuff built at some point.

If you have a Mac (OSX 10.3 required) and want to try
it out, please do so and let us know how it works for you
(either on this list, or to #shtoom on irc.freenode.net).
You can try calling sip:613 at fwd.pulver.com for a simple
echo-test.

And yes, windows executables are the next cab off the rank.

Anthony

[1] well, ok - Bob and Donovan did the heavy lifting, and a
magnificent job of it they did, too.