[Shtoom] audio corruption and twisted required versions

Dafydd Harries daf at muse.19inch.net
Sun May 22 14:09:51 CEST 2005

Ar 22/05/2005 am 21:51, ysgrifennodd Anthony Baxter:
> I've spent a fair bit of time today on hunting down the audio corruption that
> occurred when shtoom refreshed it's registration. There's been a bunch of
> sanity added to the registration refresh, but I was still seeing very strange
> behaviour on some occasions. In frustration, I tried installing Twisted 2.0
> and making shtoom use that, and lo and behold, the problems went away. I'm
> wondering if there wasn't some strange bug with the gtk2reactor in Twisted
> 1.3 (I was only able to get failures when using gtk2reactor).
>
> I'm strongly considering making Twisted 2.0 the minimum required version for
> shtoom, but would welcome comments.

Sadly, neither Ubuntu nor Debian has Twisted 2.0 yet. I've been speaking
with the maintainer about including 2.0 in Ubuntu's Breezy development
branch, which would make it available for the next release in October.
Hoary users would have to stick with snapshots of SVN made before the
2.0 requirement.

It's good news that this problem has a fix, though.

--
Dafydd