[Shtoom] Multicast RTP protocol

Nigel Sim nigel.sim at jcu.edu.au
Sat Apr 1 07:14:44 CEST 2006

Is anyone working on multicast RTP projects with Shtoom? I have just discovered this project, and am trying to adapt it to my work with multicast video conferencing. So far I've been quite successful, receiving all bar one of the audio codecs without any hassel. But to get this softare to interact with the existing software correctly I had to hack up an implementation of the RTCPPacket.encodeRR method.

Now that everything looks so promising I should ask is anyone else working towards these same ends? I mean, demuxing multiple streams, based on SSRC I think, jitter correction/buffering, and correct collection of statistics for full SR and RR reports?

If not then I'll make a start on it, and if I get a working product, would it be commitable back to the SVN repository?

Thanks

Nigel Sim
James Cook University
High Performance Computing