[Shtoom] Multicast RTP protocol

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Sun Apr 2 09:04:01 CEST 2006

On Saturday 01 April 2006 16:14, Nigel Sim wrote:
> Is anyone working on multicast RTP projects with Shtoom?

I started to play with it at one point, but the project I would have
used it for didn't happen.

> I have
> just discovered this project, and am trying to adapt it to my work
> with multicast video conferencing. So far I've been quite
> successful, receiving all bar one of the audio codecs without any
> hassel. But to get this softare to interact with the existing
> software correctly I had to hack up an implementation of the
> RTCPPacket.encodeRR method.

Patches accepted :-)

I haven't gotten around to the RTCP code, because I haven't needed it,
and other things are far more important to me.

> Now that everything looks so promising I should ask is anyone else
> working towards these same ends? I mean, demuxing multiple streams,
> based on SSRC I think, jitter correction/buffering, and correct
> collection of statistics for full SR and RR reports?

I'm not - but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else out there was. I
keep finding people just using bits of the shtoom codebase for all
sorts of random things. I'm more than happy to accept patches for
this sort of thing.

Anthony