[Shtoom] Shtoom performance issues

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Mon Feb 20 17:01:33 CET 2006

This is a known issue.  In the past there have been about five different
"buffering" algorithms to address this (and to trade off the latency against
its evil brother -- jitter).  The best one was unfortunately only for Mac OS X.
It was written by Donovan Preston in Objective C.  The others were written in
Python and were portable, but didn't work as well as Donovan's.

I wrote two of the Python ones, and my favorite was the most recent one
I wrote.  I'm not sure which algorithm is in the current SVN head.

Regards,

Zooko