[Shtoom] Shtoom performance issues

Frank Scholz fs at beebits.com
Mon Feb 20 17:09:44 CET 2006

Hi Anthony,
> I am currently using the Shtoom and Doug frameworks for an application I
> am developing that is used between a number of fairly slow (Via
> 700Mhz) machines.
which ones? I have an EPIA MS8000, and shtoom is working fine on that.
With a small delay which is due to trip-time phone<->asterisk<->shtoom
in my setup.
I even tried it on slower systems.
I once had a delay of 4 seconds, not with shtoom, but another RTP using
application, but there the reason was a firewall on my system going crazy.

So the questions are: OS? which codec (I use  speex)? direct shtoom<->shtoom
or with asterisk or any other registrar?

Ciao,
Frank