[Soap-Python] web2py 1.82.1 released with PySimpleSoap v1.02a

Mariano Reingart reingart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 08:58:37 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Sury Soni <ssoni at nextdigital.com> wrote:
>> A sample online testing service is exposed, just in case anyone wants help us
>> doing his own tests:
>> http://www.web2py.com.ar/webservices/sample/call/soap?WSDL
>
> I used web service studio (http://webservicestudio.codeplex.com/) to quickly test its interoperability for .net and I think it failed.

Yes, apparently .net wasn't parsing correctly the response returned
values because of a minor bug with namespaces...

> Can you have a quick look and fix it accordingly and can you add complex type returns interfaces as well?

Fixed!  Can you try again?

I think it is working now, look at this screenshot:
http://pysimplesoap.googlecode.com/files/net_ws_studio.png

What do you mean when you say "complex type returns"?
I've added a new example "Order", it isn't so trivial, to demonstrate
how to use and return several types/sequences.

You can easily represent any compound object using soap primitive
types with this library (and new type support could be added too).

If you need inheritance, abstract or custom xml types, you can use raw
SimpleXMLElement messages, because this library uses a basic
dict-based object representation that may not be enough in that cases.

> If it works for all using this tool, I believe it will work for .net and I will switch my code to yours.
>
> Thanks for providing API.

Thanks you for this report!

Best regards,

Mariano Reingart