[Soap-Python] WSGI requirement for soaplib 0.9

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Tue Aug 31 23:16:48 CEST 2010

 On 08/31/10 19:05, Brad Allen wrote:
> Burak,
>
> At ZeOmega we use soaplib within Zope 2, which only recently added
> WSGI support with version 2.13. We are still running 2.11 and 2.12 and
> may not be migrating to 2.13 anytime soon.
>
> One of our developers, Kader, has reported to me that soaplib 0.9 now
> requires WSGI. We are preparing to do a lot of new SOAP development
> and it would make sense to define our web serializer classes using the
> new 0.9 approach (so we don't have to refactor those classes later).
>
> I have not had a chance to dig into the soaplib code to see what
> changed in 0.9, and see how difficult it would be to allow non-WSGI
> requests.  Do you see that as a requirement which could be backed out
> for 0.9?
>
> Thanks!

hi again,

i thought wsgi standard was old enough to be universal in python http
world. apparently i was wrong.

yes, the wsgi.Application class is an integral part of a soaplib service.

two suggestions:

1) emulate the wsgi call.
2) patch soaplib to separate the the logic that uses req_env and
start_response from the wsgi.Application. i think it'd be few days of work.

best regards,
burak