[Soap-Python] wsdl to python soap bindings

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Tue Aug 31 23:17:00 CEST 2010

 On 08/31/10 23:39, Devin Venable wrote:
> I've been playing with soaplib and suds and like them both.
>  Unfortunately, suds does not appear to be something I can use as a
> soap server.

you're right, it isn't a soap server, it's just a client.

> Here's the situation.  I have a rather large and ugly wsdl file that
> was sent to me by a 3rd party who was responsible for defining an
> interface between our two systems.  I'm trying to find the best
> library for implementing the Soap service in Python, probably as a
> WSDL plugin under Apache.
>
> The suds approach seems to be define the functions, and the WSDL is
> generated for you that describes the interfaces.  I need to go the
> other way---take the WSDL and generate python bindings that will be used.

i think you mean the *soaplib* approach. anyway, soaplib can't do that.
you should either do it manually or write a new wsdl parser, or modify
suds' parser to generate soaplib code.

if you decide to write a wsdl parser from scratch, i recommend to use
the output from lxml.objectify. it does half the work.

burak