[Soap-Python] soap in python

Christophe de Vienne cdevienne at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 12:37:24 CET 2011

Hello,

I am the author of http://packages.python.org/WSME/.

The original goal of this project is to write a better TGWebServices,
while keeping a very similar (if not identical) API.
The "better" things I needed were :

  * Batch calls (for the ExtDirect implementation which is the one I am
    using the most the this time, and also for json-rpc which will come
    sooner or later).
  * Extendible type system
  * Take the protocol implementations out of the core API so that they
    can be safely tweaked
  * Portability to TG2 without rewriting everything like I had to do for
    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TGWebServices/2.0.0a2

The bonus of this rewrite was to remove completely the TG requirement.

Note that only a subset of each protocol is generally implemented, the
one that is necessary to expose the API.

Not knowing well rpclib, I cannot say much more to outline the
differences with WSME.

Tell me if you need more informations,

Regards,

Christophe