[Soap-Python] Soaplib beat1 released into the wild

Chris Austin chris at sydneysys.com
Tue Feb 8 17:52:49 CET 2011

Hi Michael,

Sorry I am late to getting to this; I've been a bit distracted from soaplib for a few days.

For some reason I never thought to put a mod_wsgi specific example in the docs.  In hindsight it seems completely like a no-brainier that it is a pretty common use case.  I'll try to update the docs later this week or early next week.

Now, soaplibs wsgi support should work just fine with mod_wsgi.  The difference that you've encountered here is because sometime after 1.0 it was discussed and decided that it would be nice not to tie soaplib directly to mod_wsgi.  The Application object was modified and the wsgi support was moved into a soaplib.core.server.wsgi.

To use this with a wsgi server it requires an extra import and extra line of code.

import MyService
import soaplib
from soaplib.core.server import wsgi

soap_app = soaplib.core.Application([MyService], "MyTns")
wsgi_app = wsgi.Application(soap_application)

Inside the wsgi_app, __call__() has been implemented.

Also, the hello world example in the project docs is a bit "prettier" and has a few a bit more explination.

Hope this helps.