[Soap-Python] Soaplib beat1 released into the wild

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 08:53:20 CET 2011

Hi Chris

On 8 February 2011 18:52, Chris Austin <chris at sydneysys.com> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Sorry I am late to getting to this; I've been a bit distracted from soaplib for a few days.

That's fine.  I'm sorry I haven't responded before now.  I have not
had a chance to try out your suggestions yet.  I will try again at
some point and report back, but I've been too busy with other things.

> For some reason I never thought to put a mod_wsgi specific example in the docs.  In hindsight it seems completely like a no-brainier that it is a pretty common use case.  I'll try to update the docs later this week or early next week.
>
> Now, soaplibs wsgi support should work just fine with mod_wsgi.  The difference that you've encountered here is because sometime after 1.0 it was discussed and decided that it would be nice not to tie soaplib directly to mod_wsgi.  The Application object was modified and the wsgi support was moved into a soaplib.core.server.wsgi.
>
> To use this with a wsgi server it requires an extra import and extra line of code.
>
> import MyService
> import soaplib
> from soaplib.core.server import wsgi
>
> soap_app = soaplib.core.Application([MyService], "MyTns")
> wsgi_app = wsgi.Application(soap_application)
>
> Inside the wsgi_app, __call__() has been implemented.

Ah, OK thanks.

> Also, the hello world example in the project docs is a bit "prettier" and has a few a bit more explination.

Thanks.  I'll have another look.

> Hope this helps.

Yes, I'm sure that will get me going when I have a chance to look at it again :)

Thanks again.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>