[Soap-Python] suds and soaplib without internet access

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Thu Jul 7 11:21:46 CEST 2011

On 07/07/11 10:43, Remi Jolin wrote:
> Le 06/07/2011 22:57, Laurent Le Meur a écrit :
>> Laurent Le Meur<llemeur at ...>  writes:
>>
>> After more investigation I opened an issue at
>> https://github.com/soaplib/soaplib/issues.
>>
> I'm not sure it is a soaplib issue :
> If you access your soaplib based server with another client (non suds)
> like a flash application built with flash builder, you don't get this
> delay.

hi,

it's not a soaplib issue per se, it's the client's decision to fetch &
store remote schema imports (or not). but it's not necessary to include
it either, as soap clients tested with soaplib don't complain about the
missing import.

this was introduced here:

https://github.com/soaplib/soaplib/commit/f88dca6671083a54dad7cb00b9d034cdb8dd0e73#L1L84

As this change had no apparent benefit at all, i reverted it for rpclib
here:

https://github.com/arskom/rpclib/commit/e87bbdc4cccc381ef3477295a2882703aa23a0a3

you can make the same change in soaplib to make the import go away.
(note that i don't advise you to use rpclib yet. it's colossally
awesomer than soaplib, but its documentation is a mess :) )

best,
burak