[Soap-Python] suds and soaplib without internet access

Remi Jolin rj-soaplib at sysgroup.fr
Sat Jun 25 23:35:38 CEST 2011

Hello,

Aymeric Augustin <aymeric.augustin at ...> writes:

> Hi Paolo,
>
> Actually, we've put the contents of http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.html in
cache/suds/XMLSchema.xml, and suds works just fine with that.

> I'm not sufficiently familiar with SOAP to be positive, but here's what I
understand
from http://www.w3.org/blog/systeam/2008/02/08/w3c_s_excessive_dtd_traffic/:
>   - http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema is just a standard identifier, it's not
meant to be fetched
>   - SOAP should not depend on the content hosted at that URL
>   - One may consider that the fact that suds fetches this URL is a bug in suds.
>
> Best regards,
>

> Aymeric AUGUSTIN
>
> Polyconseil | 11bis, rue Scribe | 75009 Paris
>
> mob : (+33) 6 22 43 79 99
> tel : (+33) 1 58 18 67 40 | fax : (+33) 1 47 42 38 32

Hello,

I've tried the following bind and it seems to work ok for me.

sxbasic.Import.bind('http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema', None)

If it not supposed to be fetched, as stateed in the w3c blog article, it should
be ok not getting it at all... What do you think about that ?

Regards