[Soap-Python] new release: rpclib-1.2.1 with static calls and patches from soaplib. thoughts on rpclib-1.3.0?

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Fri May 27 12:45:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've just released rpclib-1.2.1. The most notable change is static
methods via the @srpc decorator, apart from what soaplib team did during
the past 6 months.

The methods decorated with @rpc are also static, but get a first
argument as method context. it's not a class you're supposed to
subclass. Instead, you should move your custom context initialization in
on_method_call or call_wrapper hooks. Rule of thumb: use on_method_call
to initialize your context, and use call_wrapper to customize exception
handling.

I'm planning to replace hooks with events for the next release. For example:

def on_method_call_handler(ctx):
    ctx.db_conn = DatabaseConnection(ctx.app.database_connection_string)

BlahServiceDefinition.add_listener('on_method_call', on_method_call_handler)

This will make the interface more flexible, and make way for rpclib to
support async events natively.

Any feedback on that?

Best,
Burak

ps: documentation is completely out-of-date. bear with me.