[Soap-Python] UnicodeDecode error while passing parameters with french letters

Thomas AYIH-AKAKPO thomas.akakpo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 10:25:08 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I have an issue while passing parameters with french letters using soaplib 2.0

Let's take a simple "Hello" function

@soap(String, _returns=String):
def sayhello(self,name):
     return "Hello %s" % name

>>>  from suds.client import Client
>>>  wsdl = Client(url_to_wsdl)
>>>  wsdl.service.sayhello('Thomas')
Hello Thomas
>>>  wsdl.service.sayhello('Jérôme')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

I'm quite embarassed with this, and have no idea where to look at.
The error isn't related to the client, as some other clients receive the same error.
Anyone got any hint?

I didn't browse all the archives of this list, so forgive me if I'm repeating an issue.
If so, please redirect me to the right one (while of course I search on my own side :) ).

Thank you for any further answer.

--
Thomas