[Soap-Python] UnicodeDecode error while passing parameters withfrench letters

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Fri Apr 13 16:17:36 CEST 2012

bonjour thomas,

you did not send the full stack dump you're getting, but i suspect
that's a suds error and not a soaplib/rpclib one.

https://github.com/plq/rpclib/commit/16e1e7c26ab52840ad63e4d590b39fd98af39745
and this works:

#encoding: utf8

from suds.client import Client

wsdl = Client('http://localhost:7789/?wsdl')
print wsdl.service.say_hello(u'Jérôme', 5)

Note the unicode string literal.

Best,
Burak