[Soap-Python] Big file transfer with rpclib

Vladimir Rutsky rutsky.vladimir at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:39:58 CEST 2012

On 04/19/2012 05:05 PM, Burak Arslan wrote:
> On 19/04/12 15:55, Vladimir Rutsky wrote:
>> If I use plain HTTP in a REST-like way I need to manually implement
>> RPC functionality, like parse GET query arguments and translate them
>> into my function call, wrap files for upload in POST request and so
>> on. In both solutions (SOAP or REST-like HTTP) actual data will be
>> transferred over HTTP.
>

> rpclib supports rpc via HTTP, have a look at the HttpRpc protocol. The
> File object is supported and you can upload HUGE files using the
> werkzeug's wsgi server and the file objects. I can put up a sample
> code somewhere if you give me a few days.
It would be great if you provide such example!

Can you provide some tips how it should be implemented so that I tried
it myself right now?

I created playground [1] and managed to transfer
rpclib.model.binary.File from Python server [2] to "wget" client [3]
using HttpRpc, but failed to do so from rpclib.client.http.HttpClient [4].

Is HttpClient should work?

Can I upload files from client (HttpClient) to server?

[1] https://github.com/vrutsky/rpclib-playground
[2] https://github.com/vrutsky/rpclib-playground/blob/master/binary_http.py
[3]
https://github.com/vrutsky/rpclib-playground/blob/master/http_get_client.sh