[Soap-Python] Implement a server from an existing WSDL specification

Alex ralienpp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:24:25 CET 2012

Hi Burak, thanks for the swift response. I've played with rpclib over
the weekend.

I noticed that the documentation is lacking several chapters (ex:
input validation). I'd like to contribute to that part, as I think it
will be the most effective way to familiarize myself with the
software.

Basically, I want to extend the docs by writing examples for custom
types that have:
- their own validation rules
- additional attributes besides the typical ones like minOccurs or nullable
- a limited set of possible values (enumerations)

Other questions may come to the surface in the meantime, but these are
the ones I asked in the beginning of my journey and these are the ones
I want to provide answers for. If things go as planned, I could also
write more about implementing a WSDL by hand. These are obvious to
someone who has been doing this for a while, but for someone with no
prior exposure to WSDL or SOAP (such as myself) - it's not trivial.

> So I guess you're the first person I've come to meet online or offline who actually enjoys working with soap :)
Oh, it's not because I like SOAP, it is because I love Python - it
makes everything look one-two-threasy :-)

Let me begin with validation rules. Is it appropriate to discuss
everything here, or should I just fork, write what I think is a
reasonable intro to this matter?