[Soap-Python] Extending simple types in pysimplesoap

Mariano Reingart reingart at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 20:27:56 CEST 2015

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Chris Beck <cbeck at railkey.net> wrote:

> Reingart - do you have any thoughts about when pysimplesoap will support
> extensions to simple types?

There are several efforts to fix/improve wsdl support in pysimplesoap, for
example:

https://github.com/pysimplesoap/pysimplesoap/pull/61

I don't have enough time right now to experiment and give you an estimate,
but if you can fill an issue in GitHub with a minimal test case to
reproduce the bug, it could be seen by other developers too.

Nowadays, pysimplesoap has an open and distributed governance model, you
can just sent your PR and if it doesn't break backwards compatibility (too
much), is compatible with python 3, follows pep 8 (at least minimally), is
easy to review (at least by other project member), has acceptable quality,
etc., it would be surely merged.

Most WSDL issues are not very complex and depends on dialects and minor
differences, you can debug and see what is failing, that would be a great
advance.

Sadly we do not have enough manpower yet to fix old test (for example some
webservices are no longer available), so don't guide by the Travis warning.
But you can see the following PR with more related info:

https://github.com/pysimplesoap/pysimplesoap/pull/51

So far, everyone that sent major contributions has become a commiter, so we
encourage all kind of collaborations
Eventually I offer commercial tech support (paid) to give priority and the
dedication needed by some companies, but only if I could estimate and test
it beforehand.

Best regards,

Mariano Reingart
http://www.sistemasagiles.com.ar