[Soap-Python] Library for bi-directional SOAP over HTTP

Milan Krcmar krcmar+soap-python at sat-an.net
Sun Aug 30 19:04:50 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am looking for a Python library/framework to implement a simple CWMP (TR-069,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TR-069) server (<10 RPCs) in Python. Unlike usual
use (FWIK), the SOAP (1.1) in CWMP is used "bi-directionally" to allow the HTTP
server to call client's remote procedures:

a) HTTP request contains client's SOAP request, HTTP response carries server's
SOAP response (the usual "direction"),

b) HTTP request is empty (a challenge/call) and its HTTP response contains
_server's_ SOAP request, the next HTTP request then carries client's SOAP
response (the inverse direction).

Will you recommend me a Python SOAP library to implement an HTTP server working
in "both directions"? I suppose this SOAP-HTTP mapping is not completely
implemented yet in any Python library, so, please, just recommend me a library
that can be used as both general SOAP client and server easily...

Milan